2 year olds are discovering daily and are beginning to express their independence. Circle time is introduced at this age to prepare children for early learning.
2 year old Program
- Encouragement and support that builds your child's self-confidence and self-help skills
- Opportunities for your child to express him or herself creatively through music, arts, dance and drama
- A classroom environment that focuses on building your child's cognitive, emotional, social, and physical skills
- Age-appropriate activities and materials that help your child discover and learn
- Daily small and large-group experiences
- Bilingual instruction (English and French) with a smaller group to ensure quality care
- Language Development: Build vocabulary by promoting repetition and imitation of words and sentences. Children are encouraged to ask questions and share ideas.
- Cognitive Development: Children are encouraged to investigate and solve problems. Sorting, patterning and matching are introduced.
- Friendships/Social Development: Cooperative play is supported. Class time provides activities to model sharing and communication and recognizing other’s feelings and responded appropriately.
- Self-care skills such as feeding, cleaning, and dressing are continued to be supported.
- Gross Motor development is encouraged through movement activities, jumping, yoga and outdoor games.
- Fine Motor development is improved through stringing, cutting and lacing activities.
- Creativity is encouraged through pretend play and “role-playing” with dress up clothes and different props.